Interesting that books is leading because there are iBooks, kindle and nook applications for books, but neither of them support small publisher books outside of their network.
82% of all apps are less than $2.99
Niche apps are less than 5% of the app store but there average price is $25.5.
- Number of apps: 250,000.
- Number of downloads: 6 billion.
- Revenue shared between developers: US $1.3 billion.
- Average downloads per app: 24,000.
- Average revenue per app: US $4,444.44.
- Or taking into account that 30 percent of apps are free (according to 148Apps):
- Average revenue per paid-app: US $6,259.78.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.
Please visit my blog http://www.new-kid-on-the-blog.com