When I bought in 2007 my first iPhone I was amazed about the OS, the ease of use but the most about the big clear touchscreen. Internet was slow and I did not use it much for surfing the web. The time went by and a year later I bought the 3G iPhone. Now Internet was fast and screen seemed to be big enough for surfing when I needed it. It got better with the iPhone 4 which was my next one. I could not anymore imagine not to have a phone like the iPhone and no retina display. But then came the iPad. The iPad changed my world totally. A 9.7inch screen with all the comfort of the iPhone (besides calls). Now I use my iPad for reading newspapers, magazines and sometimes to play games. I still like my iPhone for the type of games i play better, but this it is. I am so used to the big iPad screen for websites, and 99% of my blogs are written with the iPad. When I am now on the road or at home and to lazy to pick up my iPad, I use my iPhone to read emails and websites. However I don't like it, I don't like this tiny screen. It seems to hurt my eyes more than ever. A few months ago I made fun about the Dell Streak that it is too big for a phone. Now I wished that Apple had a bigger iPhone screen.
I believe the iPad changed our mind, most iPad users have iPhones and might think like me. The Dell Streak with 5inch screen is maybe too big, but one more inch for the iPhone would be great. I might then able to write my blogs with the iPhone and would have less headache when surfing the web.
Almost all other vendors have now phones with bigger screens than the iPhone. The iPhone 5 is coming up in June and I now get the feeling and hope that it will be available in L and not only in M (in terms of size).
Here is my wish list for the iPhone 5:
- 4.5 inch screen or at least 4.0
- RFID reader and chip that I can use the phone for certain payments, that i can use it for my marathons and can start to build apps to read RFIDs
- 4G for 10times faster Internet
- build in cable less charger that i don't need to have a special cover to do so.
- stereo speakers (cool to have)
- higher resolution for front camera to make better still images of my face (makes it easier to update my social profile image. No need to ask somebody).
- better geo tagging with photos and movies. All pictures i take right now are tagged Disney Orlando. I live 60 miles North West of it.
- 64GB memory to get my full iTunes music library on it
- faster processor that i can finally throw my notebook away. Just use an external monitor and a Bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone.
I think this is all what I am missing for new phone.
Is there something I missed?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.
Please visit my blog http://www.new-kid-on-the-blog.com
I have worked on computers since 1982 almost every day. I had my first internet connection in the early ’90s. Since 1994 I am more or less in online marketing. I tweet, I bing, I facebook, I wrote books. But I never ever wrote my own blog. I never thought I needed to, but too many people are telling me I should share my thoughts with others. By the way, you might think my English is weird. You are right; I am originally from Germany. Please excuse any uncommon grammar or unorthodox spelling.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
iPhone screen too small?
Labels: apple, Dell Streak, iphone, iPhone 5, retina display
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Fusion reactor to power it )ReplyDelete
You forgot to include it should be able run on a real OS, called Android.ReplyDelete
Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically postsReplyDelete
I would state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far?
I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish amazing.
Also visit my web site - a-diba.net
I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!ReplyDelete
Feel free to surf to my blog - www.uswebpros.com
What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different users like its helped me. Good job.ReplyDelete
Also visit my web page - www.articlerich.com